Thursday, January 12, 2012

Udaipur, Rajastan

How to describe the last 24 hours...

I was getting slightly discouraged for a bit between being so sick not only in a foreign country but more particularly, traveling through a not-so comfortable or sanitary part of the country. Perhaps this is all part of a larger journey, as I did vow to allow myself to be vulnerable and completely open to this spiritual experience. Varanasi was an exceptional experience that I could never trade for the world, but I can't say I was upset to continue on. Anything would have relieved the pain of the 12 hour train ride to Udaipur, Rajastan, so pulling up to the Oberoi property was a scene out of a movie.

After (a plain and simple) breakfast, we headed for a tour of the city, known as the city of Lakes for its 7 lakes. Some have called it "Venice of the East"- Kunal actually says its more amazing- but this city is marked as the most beautiful city of Rajastan, if not, India. Filled with majestic palaces from the great City Palace to the Lake Palace, Monsoon Palace, on top of a swarm of temples like Jagdish Mandir. While I did have to push hard to get through the day, I was able to keep my food down and find a moment of meditation while on a sunset boat ride around Lake Pichola, the city's largest and most prime area.

There are many pictures to come... I apologize that each picture had to be posted separately, I have not found a way to do multiples, so bear with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment