Monday, January 16, 2012

Jaisalmer, the golden city

Now catching up to today. From Bikaner, we once again had a 7 hour drive to Jaisalmer. Let's just say I am completely caught up with Bollywood and Rajasthan's hottest songs. Got a chance to rest at the hotel before a relaxing tour of part of the city. Watched the sunset from the hilltop of Jaisalmer's Brahaman cremation/memorial site, then walked through the city bazaar. Our guide here definitely knew how to get my praise as he kept buying me various sweets and treats from the vendors. I know I know, I'm not suppose to eat street food, but whatever he gave me was awesomeeee. Plus I still have half of my pharmacy in case it doesn't work out. Our friendly guide then decided to walk us into his cousin's wedding where we met his wife, father, children and extended family. Can't blame the welcoming family spirit, but I'm pretty sure I was a little out of place in the crowd. That's as crazy as it gets for now but we're headed to the city's fort- actually the only occupied fort in India, or maybe in Asia? Then, headed to the sand dunes for camel riding and dinner! Again, thanks for following! Will try to get in some trouble to add a little excitement in these desert stories! Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment