Monday, January 30, 2012

Mandirs and Mehendi

Another beautiful day in Delhi. I must say I'm getting sad thinking about leaving (aside from the excitement of seeing my fam back home, of course). This morning, I went to the Mandir, or temple, of Guru Ji, an inspirational teacher and healer. I won't break into a novel about religion or faith, but the reminders of spirituality are so abundant and extraordinary here. Whatever faith you follow, you can't help but be engulfed by the sense of peace, hope, and calmness in these places. Even the smallest things, like washing your hands and removing your shoes before entering temples as a sort of purification is something to be respected and admired. We also visited the Birla Temple, but both temples didn't allow pictures on the premises, so you will only get more fun shots of the day!  Tomorrow is the last full day of this trip which breaks my heart, so I'm sure I will have some silly and incredible pictures/posts. Wishing you love, peace, and the comfort of a beautiful family...

No comments:

Post a Comment