Wednesday, February 1, 2012

stuck in Jordan, with no visa

So, unfortunately, I missed my chance fro my last blog posting in Delhi. Typically, I am an organized and focused packer and traveler, but who could finish an adventure like this without having the "I've lost my passport scare"?!? I must have spoken too soon. After 6 of us worked diligently at 3am to empty my bags on a treasure hunt for my passport, we found it only to be met at the Delhi airport with severe issues for Kunal. To sum it up,the brilliant man at the Delhi counter was able to 'accidentally' delete kunals reservation within an hour and a half of us standing there. Obviously, it only took him a few seconds and the stroke of a finger to do so, but, added with his abilities to ignore us and actually walk away with kunals passport in hand, really solidified the experience. pretty sure K's passport was also flagged at immigration, but who's really counting our misery toll?!  With a bit of battery left, I have found a bar of wifi access and get to report to you from the cafe at the Amman airport. Please don't worry about recommending any lounges or such here, without visas, we're actually forbidden to leave the airport. Feel free to send prayers for things to be sorted out before Kunal has to make this lovely corner his new home... ohh, the joys of traveling.  I'm thinking that posting pics from our last day might just be the right touch to lift our moods, despite the fact that I've managed to catch another virus in the last few days. Yes, did I forget to mention I am deadly sick here too!? Good thing we grabbed my medicine cabinet to relieve weight from my checkin luggage! Anyways, joys of my last day in Delhi with my special chammaks... Enjoy! Peace and Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment